![]() |
| ♥ photo credit |
Today was my ARS(Autonomic Reflex Screen) testing!
I was there for two and half hours.
Here is my breakdown of the day... First, it started off pretty painful. I had a NCV(nerve conduction velocity) test, where they sent electrical shocks through individual nerves :/ Yeah, it was just like sounds, painful. I cried.
Get this, while your laying on the bed, they have tissue boxes pinned to wall, so you can reach them. The guy doing my test said, "I'm sorry, I tend to make girls cry". Ha-ha, he sure made me laugh and got me through it.
![]() |
| ♥ photo credit |
...and I can get through anything...even the toughest times!
Next, I had some small fiber neuropathy testing done on my feet. I had sensations like cold, heat, and vibrations that I had to detect. Luckily, it wasn't painful and pretty simple :)
After that, I was moved to the tilt table and had sweat testing, where they suctioned these quarter sized plastic doo-dad's to my arm and leg. Boy, that little sucker (no pun intended! ha) sure left a mark and kind of hurt! Then I had breathing tests, you name it... the list goes on! After the little tests were done that lasted about 40 minutes, I began the tilt. Blah - it wasn't fun. Even though I was officially diagnosed with POTS over a year ago, my autonomic neurologist wanted to do his own testing. Grrreat, just set off my symptoms...thanks :)
![]() |
| ♥ photo credit |
Of course, it was a positive tilt.
Heart rate lying =49bpm
and
Heart rate standing(raised)=140bpm.
Lastly...finally, ALMOST done. I have the EMG :/ Ugh, beware if you ever have this test, it isn't pleasant. What is it you may ask. Well, the doctor stick needles into your muscles (in you feet, legs, hips and back) and then get this...he moves them around!!!! He said I would be sore for awhile, and he was right. Ow Charlie!
Despite the long day, it is now over :)
Tomorrow my man and I have a date planned!
![]() |
| ♥ photo credit |
Around noon, we are going to see Harry Potter at a theater where you dine and eat, it's pretty fabulous if you haven't tried it before! I'm super stoked...
...and always remember to never let your weaknesses stand in your way
![]() |
| ♥ photo credit |
xoxo
-erinj0





9 comments:
I love those cute little dinner & a movie places :) Enjoy your date! You deserve it after the day you've had!
Hey girl!
Autonomic testing sucks. I remember once, I had a 10 minute tilt table when I fainted and regained consciousnesses 8 times. It was awful.
Hope you are feeling okay!
I've just got one thing to say... YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!!!!
Shame hun, your tests don't sound fun in the slightest :( but at least they are over now!
How did you enjoy Harry Potter?I'm dying to go see it :)
xoxo
Taryn
You are definitely one of the strongest ladies I know. And like I tell you all the time, your positivity is just amazing. I hope you had a wonderful Harry Potter date! You deserve it x
wow girl, you def had to go thru a lot! you are so strong! :] hope you and your mad had a great day!
Oh, Erin, I love you! First, you made me giggle with your Charlie reference :) Secondly, I'm so sorry you had to go through all of that! It sounds like a tough day. but, even though it was painful and hard, you got through it! That's more than can be said of a lot of people! I'm happy you're staying positive through it because I KNOW this will all help and make you feel better :)
Thirdly, I hope the date and HP was good! I still haven't seen it! I have to come visit you sometime for this dinner and a movie thing! I've totally never found a place like that down here!
Thanks for all your beautiful comments, ladies!! :)
Kaisha - thank you so much.
Sarah - oh dear, I love you too! I'm glad you got my Charlie reference! (only YOU!) && I CANNOT wait until we can someday meet up! Thanks for your support :)
Sorry you had to go through all that awful testing! Did the results indicate anything new or telling? I hope it provided you with some answers. By the sounds of the tilt table test you definitely have pots, at least they confirmed the diagnosis. Keep staying strong! And I agree with Sarah, the Charlie reference was awesome, haha! :)
Post a Comment